May 19, 2011
Thanks for every attending the meeting today (here’s the list)
10AM 10:15AM-Regional Computer Forensics Program-Jack, Cory
– Administrators should know what to do if it happens…districts should create a laminated card of steps they need to follow
– Criminal always goes to police, by law our responsibility (as techs) is to report
– A procedure has to be in place for how to deal with it, techs should be a part of the policy
-Teachers need to be aware of policy and responsibility. Make sure AUP is up to date.
10:15AM to 10:30AM-Bit Defender Install/Setup-Scott, Cory
– Scott will set days to provide training with Millard and Garfield in June, the rest will be in July.
10:30AM to 10:35AM-Video Surveillance Upcoming School Implementation/Update-Cory, Jack
–Cedar Middle School Video System is complete and is working well
-Kanab High will be completed the last week of June
– No new schools have requested at this point, if a district would like to install video cameras please give SEDC several months warning
10:35AM-10:45AM-REDS and other Data Items-Clint, Scott and Cory
– Add DIBELS data to reports.
– Continue to do it?? The three smaller districts will find out how teachers are using the data and let us know10:45AM to 11:00AM-Updating the 86e Filters-Jack
– Jack will help Kevin and other districts with the order.
– The quotes are on the handout. Please order soon.11:00AM -11:10AM-SUECON-Charlie
– SUECON is the fall UCET and UELMA Conference in St. George, SWATT should sign up to present
– October 13-14, registration should be up on Monday
– Information needs to be sent out to all teachers and principals.
-Cody will send out a link for teacher registration in the next couple of days11:10AM-11:30AM-Washington’s Teacher Evaluation Tool Demonstration-Charlie and Team
– If you have reports you would like to see, let Washington know.
-This is a big ticket item for the schools/districts
-SEDC will host a regional server once it’s ready to go (pilot with start in the next couple of weeks, should have a server in place by the start of school in Aug.)11:30AM-11:45AM-VOIP Update and Regional Project-Cory, Tracy
– Get standardized bulk purchasing prices for the region-Cory
– Encourage teachers to use Google Voice or other available tools
11:45AM-12PM-Texting Service using Twitter-Scott, Clint
– If you are interested in “text to tips” smscrimetips.com it will be available in Utah free until June 1. Clint will send out an email with the information.
12:30PM-12:45PM-FIS Update-Cory, Randy
– Wait until a more solid solution comes into place (don’w jump into this too soon).
– We have a meeting on June 8th with business administrators that everyone is invited to. Cory will get out more information about it.12:45PM-1PM-Upcoming CUT Training-Imaging, Bit Defender, Cisco Wireless, etc.-Cory, Jack
– No on Bit Defender training
– There is interest in Cisco wireless training, Jack will schedule it
– June 7th at the SWATC on Imaging. If you want to come, bring what device you want to image with. Contact Jack if you have people that want to attend.1PM-1:15PM-Inventory/Scanner Solutions-Randy Yardely 1:15PM-1:30PM-K-3 Reading Funding-Cory
– There is a possibility of funding for programs. Talk to district reading specialist to see if they want to do that.1:30PM-1:45PM-Canvas and other Distance Education Tools-Cory
– Blackboard will no longer be a distance learning tool.
– Moodle is an option, SEDC will work with the State to install a server-Jack
– Any district can access the Electronic High School curriculum to use.1:45PM-2PM-District Plan for HB65 (role of the technology departments)-Cory
-Kathy Webb will come down July 21 and lead the discussion on what we can do and how the legislation will effect schools in the region.