bSWATT meeting on Tuesday, Aug 19, 2014

Thanks a million for attending the bSWATT meeting on Tuesday, Aug 19th of this week.  I thought the discussion was worthwhile and we were able to accomplished what we needed.  

Those attending-

Rick G, IVC

Kevin C., in person

Tracy D., IVC

Gerald  T., IVC

Travis T., IVC

Troy B.-IVC

Troy L.-in person

Jim S., in person

Jack, in person

Edna, in person

Clint, in person

Cory, in person

10am to 10:10am Technology Initiative Next Steps-Rick, Jim

Rick sent out and we reviewed the latest draft of the framework and ask for feedback by the end of the week.  Cory to review with the SEDC board and ask for feedback on Aug 20th.  Please let Rick know by Aug 22.   

10:10am to 10:20am Video Surveillance User Group Sept. 16-Cory, Jack

Cory to update the video surveillance user group list in Google to include all current users of the regional video system.

Cory to finalize the user group meeting held on Sept 16, from 10am to 12pm here at the SEDC office and over IVC.  Cory to send a reminder of the meeting to list by the end of the week.

Agenda for the meeting:

Video Surv AUP update-Cory

Maintenance Issue/Concerns-Jack

Demo of the new cameras-Jack/Cory

Alarm/Alerts setup-Scott

Best Practices (what’s working best and not)-Group

Business Items-Cory

Lunch

10:20am to 10:30am Canvas/Google Classroom Discussion-Cory, Clint, group

The bSWATT all agreed that both Canvas and Google Classroom has a place in our region/schools.  Canvas should/could be made available to those teachers that are willing to use the full features of this high end product.  Google Classroom will be a very nice solution once it’s fully released and ready to go. SEDC is ready and willing to help districts/schools implement either solution.   

Troy will find out if Tuacahn would like to use Canvas.

Cory to set up a classroom account for Jim Stewart.

10:30am to 10:40am LSTA Grants-Cory

 Both the Koha and eSTRIDE grants were funded.  Chris and Lyndale will be the project lead for the eSTRIDE grant.  Cory and Kevin will be the project lead for the Koha grant.  Millard/Kevin will be the fiscal agnes for both grants.  Much more to follow as these project progress.

10:40am to 10:50am CyberCorps Update/Plans-Cory, Clint

 The regional CyberCorps STEM grant was not funded.  The bSWATT agreed that there is still interest in running a program and ask that SEDC help find funding for this for the coming year.  Cory will develop a project plan and will present at the next bSWATT/SEDC board meeting.

10:50am to 11:00am CoSN Ed Tech Leadership Cert Update-Charlie, Rick, Cory

Cory and Rick will work with Charlie to develop a project plan for this implementation.   

11:00am to 11:15am AUP Work/Training/Discussion-Troy L., Cory

 We hope to have Carol Lear here at the SEDC office to cover AUP and other legal issues on Sept 10th.  Rick will follow-up with her and will get back to Cory in the next few days. 

Troy reported that Iron is working on an electronic AUP for parents and students to sign. The bSWATT was very interested in seeing how this will work in Iron.  They asked SEDC/UEN to help out on this solution.  Jim S. and Cory will follow-up with Troy to see where they can help.

11:15am to 11:25am Labeling Equipment Regional Purchase-Jack, Cory

Those districts/charter schools that don’t have cabling labeling system/solutions in place agreed to be apart of a regional purchase and implementation.  Jack will get pricing and he will help facilitate the purchasing of this equipment over the next several weeks.

11:25am to 11:30am Disaster Recovery Training-Jack, Cory

Disaster Recovery Training/Plan Development is scheduled for Nov 3 and 4.  Jack will head this up, look for details in the next week or so. 

11:30am to 11:35am New Intern-Chaz, Cory

 Chaz will be available to help support your Bit Defender implementations, among with regional project.  Looks for an e-mail from Chaz in the next few days.

 11:35am to 11:50am Future SWATT Meetings Discussion-Cory, group

The group agreed to provide an open session as part of the SWATT meetings/training for the techs in the region so they have some time to get together to discuss technology related items.  Also, we will try to provide some retreat type functions that the SWATT can participate in to continue to build a collaborative environment.

11:50am to 12p Parent Alert System (Iron’s RFP, etc.)-Troy, Cory

Troy will send his RFPs with responses to the bSWATT once he has them.

12pm to 12:05pm bSWATT Schedule 2014-2015

Sept 10 (AUP Training, possibly), Oct 14, Nov 11, Dec 9, Jan 26, 27), Feb 10, March 10, April 14, May 12, June 9, July 14

Please add this dates to your calendars.